Sponsored by North Eastern Council (NEC) and executed by NESAC, Dept of Space, Government of India, Umiam, Meghalaya in collaborations with State Remote Sensing Centre (SRSACs) of NE region.Background:
SBIK (state level) is conceptualized to strengthen the planning and monitoring mechanisms of the projects funded by the DoNER Ministry & other Central Government funded projects in NER. SBIK of each state aims to provide state specific geospatial inputs in the form of decision support system (DSS) developed using open source GIS packages & standards. Geospatial based solutions can be developed in an integrated environment to help decision making, strategic planning, effective resource management and operations management. Phase-I version of SBIK on each of the state contains information on land use land cover (LULC), wetlands, wastelands, forest working plan, land degradation map (LDM), roads, drainages, and settlements, soil map on each of the states, ground water prospect map, wetlands, infrastructures, inputs for disaster management support program etc. along with state/district wise statistics in the form of pie chart etc. derived using space technology inputs for satellite data coupled with intense ground truth for different periods and scales. The beneficiaries include the secretaries of states and various line departments within the state such as agriculture, soil, forests, disaster management authority etc.Objectives
• To install in a Touch Screen based system in the Offices of Hon’ble Chief Minister or Chief Secretaries offices of each State.
• To provide the SBIK portal to the Line Departments of State Government as per request (through Terms of Agreement to be signed by the Implementing agency NESAC and Line Department) for effective planning and developmental activities.
• To bring all information pertaining to natural resources, infrastructure and all assets of Govt. / Private etc. In a single standalone platform to disseminate such data to all line departments, including educational institutions to use as planning inputs.
• Hon’ble Chief Minister of Assam has inaugurated the SBIK portal for the state of Assam on 30th May, 2014 in Guwahati, Assam. Smart Touch-Screen based kiosk is installed in the Office of Hon’ble Chief Minister of Assam for use in Hob’ble CM’s office.
• Other SBIK portals have been released by the respective Chief Secretaries of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura except Sikkim.
• Further, NESAC has also initiated the installation of the SBIK portal in various Line Departments, as per the directives of the concerned State Governments. SBIK has been already installed and exhibited in the Dept. of State Level Nodal Agency (SLNA/IWMP) of Assam, in the Depts. of Science & Technology, Planning and Land Management of Arunachal Pradesh, Depts. of Urban Development, Soil & Water Conservation, Directorate of Agriculture, Depts. of Irrigation & Flood control, Land Resource of Nagaland. Installation of SBIK is also in the pipeline in the Rural Development Dept, Directorate of Horticulture of Mizoram and Depts. of Science & Technology, Soil Conservation and Agriculture of Assam.
• Each of the SBIK is populated with approximately 35 geo-spatial layers on administrative, infrastructure, utilities, land resources, water resources and bio-diversity with proper linkages to the socio-economic data. In addition, it also contains information related to action plans for forest and environment, agriculture, soil conservation, infrastructure etc. for planning and etc.
Launching of SBIK in Nagaland on 30th April, 2014
The Space Based Information Kiosk (SBIK) portal for the state of Nagaland has been released and launched by the State Chief Secretary of Nagaland on 30th April, 2014. The chief Secretary also congratulated NESAC and the State GIS Centre for successful implementation of the portal. An appraisal meeting on NESAC activities, was also held at the conference hall of the Chief Secretary in the presence of Additional Chief Secretary and Development Commissioner with the Secretaries of various state departments. Head of Department from different line departments has also attended the inaugural function.
SBIK Installation and Demonstration at DoNER’s Ministry office, 18 December 2014
In the presence of Secretary to Minister Shri M. Vijaya Kumar ,DoNER, Space Based Information KIOSK(SBIK) portal was successfully demonstrated consisting information for the entire North Eastern Region on the 18th December, 2014. The meeting was accompanied by Shri Shakti K. Pathak , Additional Principal Secretary to Minister and Smt K. Damayanthi Joint Secretary and other officers of DoNER.